Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
When this Mama cat named Miso gave birth to one kitten, they already had an extremely rare and special bond. Being an only child, the kitten got a lot of alone and special time with Miso, and the pair were inseparable.
@crystalscool posted a TikTok about the rare one kitten litter and a montage of clips of the kitten growing up and cute snuggle sessions with Miso. The video has already gotten over 13.1 million likes and thousands of comments gushing over the adorable mother kitten duo.
Although it is rare, it is possible for a cat to give birth to only one kitten. Kitten litters can range anywhere from one to twelve kittens, with most mothers having around four.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Sole Survivor of Kitten Litter Is Now Thriving With the Help of an Awesome Foster Mom (PHOTOS)
- Sweet Dog Watches Over a Litter of Abandoned Kittens and Keeps Them From Wandering Into the Street [Video]
- A Friend‘s Cat Passed Away Leaving a Litter of Kittens, So This Family Did Something Awesome!
- Kind Woman Saves a Litter of Newborn Kittens Abandoned in Dumpster (VIDEO)
- Koko the Gorilla Meets a Litter of Kittens and Falls in Love (VIDEO)
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!