11-year-old Delanie Dennis from Tampa, Florida, has raised over $61,000 for local animal rescues in the Tampa Bay area since 2019, thanks to her lemonade stand.
Source: Good Morning America/Youtube
Delanie founded her lemonade stand in 2019 and first came up with the idea to sell lemonade to raise money for animals when she was just seven years old, according to her dad, Andy Dennis.
“So we talked to her about it and listened to her plan,” Dennis told “GMA.” “And it was like, ‘Okay, let’s give it a shot.'”
At the age of seven, Delanie Dennis founded Delanie’s Lemonade Stand in her parents’ restaurant, Cafe Delanie, according to the ASPCA. Thanks to an inspiring animal welfare organization commercial and a book about a girl who ran a lemonade stand, Delanie decided to start raising money for animal rescue organizations. Each month, she chooses a new local animal rescue organization that receives 100 percent of the sales of designated items at the stand and restaurant.
“I believe that somewhere out there, animals have a forever home,” Delanie told “Good Morning America.” “If you buy a lemonade, you can help the animals.”
Through her hard work, Delanie has raised tens of thousands of dollars for animals and she even volunteers with her favorite animal rescue in her free time.
“It’s been truly inspiring to see someone at such a young age with such a passion for people and animals to make things happen and make a change,” said Delanie’s mom, Julie Dennis. “It’s heartwarming.”
To keep up with Delanie and her work, check out Cafe Delanie on Facebook!
Speak Up Tee By Tiny Rescue: Animal Collection
- 10-Year-Old Hosts Her Second Annual Pet Adoption Fair
- Rescue For Special Needs Animals Asks for Donations After Shelter is Completely Destroyed by Fire
- Kind Homeless Man Leaves a Donation for Local Animal Shelter to Make Sure Dogs Find a Home
- Born Free USA Launches Fur Donation Drive to Help Wildlife Rehab Animals
- How This Florida Rescue is Helping Animals Impacted by Hurricane Ian
- Ellen DeGeneres’ Record-Breaking Oscar Selfie Scores $1.5 Million Donation for Animals
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!