Crunchy and chocolatey, this satisfying butter cookie recipe that is full of flavor and incredibly healthy, thanks to substituting tahini for vegan butter! Serve with a warm cup of favorite tea as you bask in the deliciousness of your wonderful creation!
Tahini Chocolate Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 3 tablespoons melted cold-pressed organic coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons carob powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup gluten-free flour
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Start off by adding the chia seeds into a small bowl, add the water and set aside to absorb the water and swell. This will be the binding agent for the recipe — the chia egg.
- Next, place the melted coconut oil into a large mixing bowl. Add the tahini and rice malt syrup and mix together. Slowly add the carob powder and mix further.
- Add the chia egg once it has swelled, and mix through. Next add the salt, baking soda, almond meal, and gluten-free flour.
- Mix all ingredients well until all are combined.
- On a lined baking tray, spoon spoonfuls of the mixture into your hands and roll into balls.
- Evenly distribute the balls over the tray, and using a fork, squish down each ball into a cookie shape.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Times may vary according to different ovens.
- Remove from oven, lightly sprinkle with sesame seeds and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.