This spicy breakfast burrito is the right way to kick off your morning. It’s stuffed with scrambled tofu, made spicy from fresh jalapeño peppers, fresh greens, avocado, and a zingy hot sauce, makes this a satisfying and manageable breakfast or brunch. You could even add black beans, or a drizzle of Sriracha, if jalapeño isn’t spicy enough for you.
Spicy Tofu Scramble and Avocado Breakfast Burrito [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, diced (seeds removed, if you like)
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 14-ounce package extra firm tofu, pressed, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 tortillas (the bigger the better)
- 2 fresh limes, quartered for garnish (optional)
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add onion, garlic, and jalapeño, and cook about a minute.
- Stir in green pepper and turmeric and cook another 2 minutes. Stir in the crumbled tofu and cook another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- On each tortilla, layer baby spinach in a row slightly off center. Top with some of the tofu mixture. Layer 1/4 of the avocado slices and some of the hot sauce to taste. Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime juice, if you like. Roll up the burrito and serve.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS