This spicy breakfast burrito is the right way to kick off your morning. It’s stuffed with scrambled tofu, made spicy from fresh jalapeño peppers, fresh greens, avocado, and a zingy hot sauce, makes this a satisfying and manageable breakfast or brunch. You could even add black beans, or a drizzle of Sriracha, if jalapeño isn’t spicy enough for you.
Spicy Tofu Scramble and Avocado Breakfast Burrito [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, diced (seeds removed, if you like)
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 14-ounce package extra firm tofu, pressed, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 tortillas (the bigger the better)
- 2 fresh limes, quartered for garnish (optional)
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add onion, garlic, and jalapeño, and cook about a minute.
- Stir in green pepper and turmeric and cook another 2 minutes. Stir in the crumbled tofu and cook another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- On each tortilla, layer baby spinach in a row slightly off center. Top with some of the tofu mixture. Layer 1/4 of the avocado slices and some of the hot sauce to taste. Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime juice, if you like. Roll up the burrito and serve.