In India, fritters and chai is a common evening snack during rainy season. The aroma of chai and hot fritters out of the wok is mind blowing. Hmmmm. I believe in healthy eating, so I was wondering about the possibility of healthy fritters that would satisfy my cravings and add nutrition to my diet. I came up with Skinny Carrot Fritters!
Skinny Carrot Fritters [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp. sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp. cilantro (chopped)
- 1/8 cup bread crumbs (Italian style)
- 1/8 cup water
- Grind the carrots in a grinder. (You may grate the carrots as well if desired).
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients and mix properly with a spoon. Let it stand for few minutes.
- In the meantime heat the nonstick pan/griddle in a medium flame. Grease the pan with cooking spray/oil.
- Pour the 1 tbsp. spoonful of the mix onto the pan and cook for some time.
- Once it starts to cook flip to the other side and cook for few minutes or until light golden in color and lightly crispy in texture.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Can be prepared ahead of time. Just warm the fritters in the oven or microwave before serving.