Hello, brunch! Made with pumpkin puree, warm spices, and drizzled with maple syrup, this delicious French toast will be your new favorite.
Pumpkin French Toast [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 8 slices of dry bread
- 2 teaspoons vegan butter, for the pan
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk together pumpkin puree, soy milk, pumpkin spice, flour, vanilla extract, and sugar until smooth and incorporated.
- Lightly coat bread with the pumpkin mixture. Scrape off excess mixture: too much mixture on the bread will make mushy French toast.
- Melt vegan butter on the pan and cook French toast on each side until golden brown. Repeat with the rest of the bread slices. Serve with maple syrup and/or a dusting of icing sugar!