A flavorful super easy mushroom recipe that is done in under 30 minutes. It's great as a main dish served with rice, but can also make a delicious side.
Mushroom Mutter Masala: Indian Mushroom and Green Peas [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 small red onion, grated (using the large side of the box grater)
- 2 cups of thickly sliced button mushrooms (about 8 oz)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of green peas (I used frozen)
- Fresh cilantro to garnish
- Heat the oil and add in the cumin seeds and wait until the seeds begin to sizzle.
- Add in the grated onion and cook until the onion begins to turn softly golden.
- Add in the the mushrooms and mix well.
- Stir in the salt, powdered coriander, cumin, red cayenne pepper and the black pepper with the green peas and mix well.
- Cover and cook for five minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro and serve.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS