These mini apple pies are ideal for fall when apples are in season, but they are honestly wonderful any time of the year. Plus, you can take any other fruit you dig like peaches, blueberries, or pears and add them to the mix. These adorable mini pies make eating the dessert even more enjoyable because who doesn't adore tiny versions of food?
Mini Buckwheat Apple Pies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Dough:
- 1/2 cup and 1 teaspoon almond meal
- 4/5 cup and 1/2 tablespoon buckwheat flour
- 1 1/5 cups gluten-free flour mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup and 1/2 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Vanilla powder
For the Filling:
- 3 apples
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Raisins or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 360°F.
- For the dough, combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the coconut oil and the mashed banana and start kneading the dough with your hands. Form a big ball.
- Cut your apples into strips or cubes and sprinkle them with cinnamon and coconut sugar. Mix in the optional filling ingredients (raisins, or walnuts) at this point.
- Take approximately 1/4 of the dough away and save it for the topping of the apple pies.
- Divide the remaining dough into 12 chunks and press them down your (lined or greased if needed) mini baking forms or muffin tray.
- Add some of the filling to each pie.
- Roll out the remaining dough as thinly as possible and cut it into strips.
- Top your pies with the stripes however you want. Alternate them to create a pretty grid pattern.
- Brush your pies with some melted coconut oil and bake them for around 20 minutes or until golden. Each oven is different, just take them out when they look good to you.