Cauliflower is on of those incredible foods that can do anything – make it into rice, a pizza crust, or an essential addition to a curry or pasta. However, it also does quite well standing on its own as an entree and these cauliflower steaks highlight the vegetable's star power. The simple, roasted cauliflower is augmented by a creamy dill and lemon sauce and served on a bed of rice.
Greek Cauliflower Steaks [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Cauliflower:
- 1 head cauliflower, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts, for garnish
- 1/2 cup sliced Italian olives, for garnish
- Fresh dill, for garnish
- 1/2 grilled lemon, for garnish
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons fresh dill, for the rice
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 squeeze lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- Set the oven to 400°F. Slice the cauliflower, drizzle it with olive oil, lemon, salt, and pepper.
- Roast it for 20 minutes until it's crispy.
- Once it's ready, turn off the oven and throw in the pine nuts with a drizzle of olive oil and toast them for 7 minutes.
- Throw all the ingredients for the sauce into a dish, combine them, and set them aside in the refrigerator until you're ready to use them.
- Place the rice on the plate, top it with the cauliflower steak, drizzle it with sauce, and then garnish it.