I love anything with peanut butter—especially a spoon. I only eat peanut butter as a special treat because of the fat content, and this dish is one of my favorite special treats. This dish comes together quickly. If you are cooking for one or two, you can put as much pasta as you want in a bowl, toss it with an appropriate amount of sauce, and save the rest of the sauce for use with something else.
Chilled Peanut Noodles [Vegan]
- 1 pound whole grain spaghetti
- ½ – ¾ cup Almost Instant Peanut Sauce
- 1 cup chopped fresh scallion
- chopped peanuts for garnish
Almost Instant Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
To Make the Peanut Sauce:
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk well to combine. Store refrigerated in an
airtight container for up to 7 days.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Drain and rinse the noodles under cold water and drain again.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to a bowl with the peanut sauce and toss to mix well.
- Serve garnished with the chopped green onion and chopped peanuts.