Butternut squash really is the perfect fall food. Not only is it versatile and comforting but it just happens to be beautifully hued, doesn’t it? This simple pasta dish showcases all of squash’s best features, including its lovely color! The sauce is rich and velvety, and the wilted kale adds a nice bite, making this a wonderful meal to share with family over the holidays if you ask me!
Rigatoni with Roasted Garlic Butternut Squash Sauce
This Recipe is :
- 1 head garlic, topped trimmed, drizzled with olive oil
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1 package whole wheat rigatoni
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast (optional)
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup fresh sage, chopped
- Wrap garlic in aluminum foil and roast at 325 degrees for 30-40 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a large pot cover the squash with the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer until squash is very tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Once tender, purée the squash, veggie broth and roasted garlic until smooth. Stir in the nutritional yeast, almond milk, cayenne pepper, and salt to taste.
- Season a pot of boiling water with salt and add the rigatoni. When it is nearly cooked to al dente, add the kale into the pot so it wilts and tenderizes. Cook for the last couple of minutes and strain pasta and kale.
- Finally, toss the rigatoni and kale with the sauce and garnish with fresh sage.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS