A classic comforting meal for the couple of chilly months ahead. It's very hearty and keeps you full for long. Serve with a boatload of boiled peas.
Lentil and Veg Mini Shepherd's Pie
- 4 medium carrots
- 1/2 red onion
- finely chopped 2 large potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cups puy lentils
- 2 tbsp. of vegan margarine
- 1/2 leek
- Pre-heat the oven to 356ºF/ 180ºC.
- Bring vegetable stock to the boil in a large saucepan.
- Finely chop all vegetables and simmer in the vegetable stock for 15 minutes until soft. The stock should have been absorbed by the vegetables after this time.
- Cook the lentils separately for 25 minutes (or according to package instructions).
- Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes until soft, then mash (either by hand of with a food processor).
- Add a little bit of vegan margarine to make them buttery if you wish. Butter the ovenproof pie dish(es).
- Combine all the vegetables and lentils and spoon them into the bottom of the dish(es).
- Cover with the mash and bake in the oven for 20 minutes (slightly longer if you are making one large pie).
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS