A classic comforting meal for the couple of chilly months ahead. It's very hearty and keeps you full for long. Serve with a boatload of boiled peas.
Lentil and Veg Mini Shepherd's Pie
This Recipe is :
- 4 medium carrots
- 1/2 red onion
- finely chopped 2 large potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cups puy lentils
- 2 tbsp. of vegan margarine
- 1/2 leek
- Pre-heat the oven to 356ºF/ 180ºC.
- Bring vegetable stock to the boil in a large saucepan.
- Finely chop all vegetables and simmer in the vegetable stock for 15 minutes until soft. The stock should have been absorbed by the vegetables after this time.
- Cook the lentils separately for 25 minutes (or according to package instructions).
- Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes until soft, then mash (either by hand of with a food processor).
- Add a little bit of vegan margarine to make them buttery if you wish. Butter the ovenproof pie dish(es).
- Combine all the vegetables and lentils and spoon them into the bottom of the dish(es).
- Cover with the mash and bake in the oven for 20 minutes (slightly longer if you are making one large pie).
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
vegan lentil recipes
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS