Creamy pesto, al dente zucchini noodles, and burst cherry tomatoes with crunchy pistachios and white beans on top. This colorful dish is filling, yet it won't make you feel weighed down. Instead of using pine nuts like a traditional pesto, this one uses roasted and salted pistachios. It also replaces olive oil with vegetable broth but results in the same delicious, creamy texture.
Zucchini Noodles With Oil-Free Roasted Pistachio Pesto [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Noodles:
- 4 zucchini, spiralized
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup dry roasted and salted pistachios, shelled
For the Pesto:
- 1 cup dry roasted and salted pistachios, shelled
- 4 cups lightly packed basil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- To make the pesto, place all ingredients plus salt and pepper to taste in a blender or food processor and blend for a couple minutes until smooth. Set aside.
- In a non-stick pan, sauté the cherry tomatoes with salt and pepper to taste for about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add spiralized zucchini to the non-stick pan with salt and pepper to taste and gently heat for a few minutes. Add pistachio pesto (you will likely not use all of it) to the pan and stir to coat noodles, adding more vegetable broth if needed.
- Cook for an additional minute or so until al dente. Remove from heat and toss in the sautéed cherry tomatoes and white beans. Place in bowls and top with leftover pistachios.