When you think about summer food, you think burgers; you think salads, skewers and char-grilled corn. No matter how you list your ideal summer nosh, it’s highly unlikely that soup makes the cut. This is an absolute winner, though. This gaspacho is a super nourishing crisp and cool soup that invigorates you and gives your body all of the nutrition it craves on a scorching summer day.
Zucchini Gazpacho [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Soup:
- 1 pound zucchini, halved, and then sliced into chunks
- 1 ounce of sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 ounces sweet bell pepper red, orange or yellow, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup cold water
For the Optional Garnish:
- 1 radish, sliced thin, and then julienned
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- Combine all of the soup ingredients into a blender and blend until you have a smooth purée. If you prefer a chunkier soup, pulse until you reach your preferred consistency.
Transfer to a container and chill in the refrigerator for one hour.
When ready to serve, ladle soup into bowls and garnish as desired.