A rejuvenating mix of zucchini, edamame, miso, and nori come together in this healthy and tasty soup. Make sure you use low salt vegetable stock as miso is quite salty. This is just the perfect comforting recipe for late summer or early autumn when there are cooler temperatures.
Zucchini and Edamame Miso Soup [Vegan, Grain-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Zucchini and Edamame Miso Soup [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1.75 pounds zucchini
- 7 ounces frozen edamame beans
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger root, grated
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Brown miso paste, to taste
- 2 nori sheets
- Small bunch of cilantro
- Olive oil
- Black sesame seeds (optional)
How to Prepare Zucchini and Edamame Miso Soup [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add finely chopped onion, crushed garlic, grated ginger, and diced zucchini. Cook for 3 minutes while stirring.
- Add stock. Bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook covered for around 15 minutes until courgettes are soft.
- Blend the soup.
- Add miso paste to taste (start with 1/2 tablespoon). Stir well so that the miso paste does not clump.
- Add edamame beans and shredded nori sheets. Cook gently for another 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice to taste.
- Serve with chopped cilantro and black sesame seeds on top.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 122 | Carbs: 16 g | Fat: 3 g | Protein: 12 g | Sodium: 129 mg | Sugar: 4 g Calculation not including olive oil or sesame seeds.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.