Rice pilaf is a staple on many dinner tables and dining menus. But have you ever tried making pilaf with cauliflower rice? It’s light, refreshing, and only gets better with age. This zesty cauliflower rice pilaf is an easy and flavorful side dish!
Zesty Cauliflower Rice Pilaf [Vegan]
- 4 cups cauliflower “rice”
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Optional step: soak the raisins in hot water for 30 minutes to allow them to re-hydrate and plump up to result in a softer texture.
- In a large saute pan, toast the almonds over medium heat until slightly golden and fragrant, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the olive oil and saute the garlic for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower rice, almonds, green onions and raisins.
- Saute for about 8 minutes, until the cauliflower is more of a translucent color and cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and add the lemon zest, juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve warm or chilled. Store in the refrigerator for up to four days.