This vegan coconut ceviche is the perfect fresh and healthy appetizer for a balmy summer evening. Young coconut takes the place of seafood in this traditional dish and it's an absolutely wonderful substitute. Plus, this dish is packed with crisp vegetables and a healthy dose of lemon and lime juice that makes it the utterly refreshing dangerously good to dip your chips in.
Young Coconut Meat Ceviche [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Young Coconut Meat Ceviche [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- 2 cups coconut meat, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoons vegan fish sauce (optional)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup red onion, minced
- 3/4 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup spicy tomato sauce
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon Tajin seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Prepare Young Coconut Meat Ceviche [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except the lime juice and avocado.
- Gently toss them together to ensure all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Cover and let the ceviche marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. It gets better the longer you wait.
- When you are ready to serve the ceviche, add the avocado and lime juice, and toss everything together again.
- Add additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve the dish cold.
Tajin seasoning is a spice blend made from lime, sea salt, and chili. You can usually find in your local super market.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.