This vegan mac and cheese is different than you’re used to with a hint of truffles & vanilla that really balances the flavour and creaminess perfectly.
White Truffle Vanilla Mac and Cheese [Vegan]
- 6 servings pasta or noodles of choice
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 medium-sized white onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 tablespoon White Truffle Oil
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- season with salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 cup soy, almond or oat milk
- 2 tablespoons corn starch (mix with 1/4 cup of water, make sure it’s well combined)
- 2 1/2 cups vegan meltable cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- bread crumbs
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Cook pasta or noodles of choice as per package instructions. Be sure to generously salt water before adding pasta to pot. Just before it’s ready to strain add in your asparagus and cook till al dente.
- Heat a large skillet on low-medium heat and add butter. Cook for 30 seconds or until melted and then add the onions to the skillet. Cook for around 6-7 minutes or until golden. Add nutritional yeast, vanilla bean powder, white truffle oil, nutmeg, turmeric and season to taste. Stir everything till well combined and increase heat to high before adding your milk of choice. Cook till boiling, add your corn starch then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. It is now time for the fun part. Add 2 cups of the cheese to the mixture and stir till everything is well combined and stringy. Once you reach your desired cheesy consistency remove from heat and set aside. Feel free to add more or less cheese.
- Strain your pasta and asparagus and transfer to a 13″L x 7.75″W x 2.25″H baking dish. To the same dish, pour over your cheese sauce and stir till everything is well coated. This will be a satisfying experience, enjoy it! Top the pasta with the bread crumbs and leftover cheese and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. The cheese will start to bubble and that’s when you know it’s ready to dig in.
- Let it cool slightly before serving! Enjoy with garlic bread and fresh salad!