Here’s an idea for a fancy-looking thing to serve as an appetizer. Creamy and garlicky, white bean spread is simple and inexpensive, but can be easily dressed up. Serve on crisp crostini with a fried sage leaf on top or try it as a dip.
White Bean Spread [Vegan]
- 2 14-ounce cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard (any kind)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- A generous pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon almond milk, plus more for desired consistency
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor (except milk) and blend. Add the milk as needed to move things around in the food processor. Stop when you achieve a hummus-like consistency.
Makes 2 cups.