These vegan cookies you will love, they do not have any added fats (no oil, no margarine), since we are going to substitute them with white beans. It is an excellent and different way of incorporating legumes into your diet and also of masking them.
White Bean and Walnut Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- panela (to taste)
- 1/2 cup cooked white beans
- 1/2 cup nuts
- a handful of oatmeal muesli
- a handful of raisins
- a handful of blueberries
- a handful of nuts
- a dash of agave syrup
- Blend the cooked white beans in the blender until they are pureed.
- Crush the nuts until they turn into flour.
- In a bowl mix the flour, the beans, the panela and the crushed nuts. Knead with hands until the ingredients are well integrated.
- When the dough is elastic and dense, stretch it with a rolling pin on a piece of baking paper until the dough is half a centimeter thick. Cut circles with a cookie cutter or a glass.
- On each cookie place some raisins, nuts, cranberries and a pinch of oatmeal muesli. Paint the nuts with agave syrup with a kitchen brush so that they caramelize when baking.
- Bake the cookies at 360°F for 10-15 minutes and let them cool.