I can’t even explain to you how amazingly refreshing this gazpacho is. The jalapeno gives it a kick, which goes with the sweetness of the watermelon fantastically. The texture is incredible – I like a thicker gazpacho, but if you like something soupier, pulse in the blender or food processor for longer.
Watermelon Gazpacho With Beet Noodles [Vegan]
- 4 cups finely diced seedless watermelon
- 1/2 medium seedless cucumber, finely diced
- 1 large tomato, pureed
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, dill, or mint
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ jalapeno, diced
- 2 medium beets, peeled, Blade C
- Mix all but 1 cup of the watermelon and the cucumber, jalapeno, basil (or dill), parsley, lime juice, tomato, onion, vinegar, oil, and salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Puree the mixture in a blender or food processor until your desired consistency (like a thicker gazpacho).
- Refrigerate* and serve chilled. When serving, top with a quarter cup of watermelon and a handful of beet noodles.
- You can serve immediately, but the soup tastes best extra chilled.