This kale salad can very much become a base for your everyday meals. You can serve it both as entrée or a side, and it will create an ultimate indulgent experience with a spicy kick.
Warm Broccolini and Shiitake Baby Kale Salad [Vegan]
2 as an entrée, 4 as a side
- 1- 14 ounce block tofu
- 4 ounces broccolini, trimmed
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups baby kale, washed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut tofu block into large cubes and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, flipping halfway. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a skillet over low medium heat, heat oil, garlic powder, and salt.
- Add broccolini and mushrooms and sauté over low heat until fragrant and browning, 5-10 minutes.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, tahini, lemon juice, and garlic in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Toss over baby kale and let rest until broccolini/mushrooms and tofu are both cooked.
- Combine kale salad, broccolini/mushroom sauté, and tofu and toss well.