A little cinnamon, natural sweetener, and succulent toppings are all it takes to transform a bowl of quinoa into the PERFECT breakfast or dessert (especially when chocolate is in the picture!). Quinoa is as nourishing as it is versatile, containing all nine essential amino acids, protein, fiber, iron, magnesium, manganese, B vitamins, and anti-inflammatory compounds. Nutrients and comfort = breakfast perfection (if you ask me). I strongly encourage any and everyone to try this, get creative with your own favorite toppings, and enjoy!
Warm and Cozy Breakfast Quinoa [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Quinoa:
- 1 1/2 cup non-dairy milk of choice, or water
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of sea salt
Toppings of Choice:
- A generous drizzle of maple syrup
- Chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Dates, berries, bananas, or raisins
- Sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- Hemp, flax, or chia seeds
- Nut/seed butter
- Bring milk/water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add quinoa, cinnamon, and sea salt. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until all of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes, then fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Top with all of your favorite comforting toppings, and enjoy!