This Wakame Soup is so delicious and filling! Must try!
Wakame Soup [Vegan]
- 2 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of wholemeal red rice (or other rice, preferably long grain)
- 1/8 cup dried organic wakame seaweed
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seed oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of chopped fresh ginger
- unrefined sea salt
- lemon juice to taste
- lemon peel
- fresh sage
- nutmeg to taste
- Wash the rice and soak it in the water for 1 hour, transfer it to a thick-bottomed pot with 1 pinch of salt. Cover and cook over low heat until the water is completely absorbed.
- Meanwhile rinse and soak the shiitakes in the remaining water, cut them into slices when they are softened, then simmer them over a low heat with a lid to make a broth.
- Soak the algae for about 15 minutes, then drain and chop them with a knife.
- Heat a wok, or a saucepan with thick sesame oil, add chopped ginger and onion and cook for a few minutes. Add the algae and let it go for a few minutes. Add the water with the shiitake and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Cut the tofu into small cubes, the julienned carrot is not too thin, dip into the soup and finish cooking until the carrot is soft.
- Out of focus sprinkle lemon juice to taste and flavor with miso.
- Serve adding grated nutmeg, lemon peel and some minced sage leaves.