This amazing vegan pho will be your new favorite dish! If you have any soup leftover, it tastes just as great the next day or you could even try freezing it for a day you don't fancy cooking.
Vietnamese Pho [Vegan]
- 7 ounces of shiitake mushrooms (or any other type of mushroom)
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 5 chopped spring onions
- 1 vegetable stock cubes (you can use your own vegetable broth if you prefer)
- 4 1/4 cups of boiling water
- 2 x 150g packets of rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce (use GF teriyaki if needed)
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce (use GF soy sauce if needed)
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 4 tablespoons of chopped fresh coriander
- 2 handfuls of bean sprouts
- Firstly, chop the mushrooms and fry in sesame oil until soft.
- Then add the chopped spring onions and fry for around a minute.
- Add the vegetable stock and boiling water, cook until the stock cube has fully dissolved. Then simmer for around 15 minutes.
- Add your rice noodles followed by the teriyaki and soy sauce. Then add salt and pepper, bear in mind that the soy sauce and stock cube will already have salt in so try not to overdo it.
- Pour the soup into a bowl and finish off by adding spinach, fresh coriander and bean sprouts. The heat from the soup will soften the spinach and the beansprouts will add a crunchy texture to the overall dish.