This quick and easy stir-fry is the best side to make when you want a vegetable dish that's big on vegetables without the wait time. The mushrooms are meaty and savory, the cabbage retains just the right amount of crunch. Serve this over grains with a drizzle of your favorite sauce for a meal with more substance, and then roll up any leftovers in a wrap for lunch the next day.
10-Minute Veggie Stir-Fry [Vegan]
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 cups cabbage, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- A few turns of cracked black pepper
- Heat a skillet for a minute or so, until the pan is hot.
- Add the onion and cook for a couple of minutes. When the onions start to stick to the pan and turn brownish, add 2 tablespoons of water, stir, and keep cooking. Add another 2 tablespoons of water when they start to stick to the pan again and brown.
- Cook the onions for about 6-7 minutes, adding water and stirring, as needed.
- Add the mushrooms, celery, cabbage, sea salt, and black pepper, and stir to combine.
- Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft to your liking.
- Eat as is, serve on the side of your meal, or add to a wrap.