Quinoa is a seed that has been around for centuries and is very high in protein, iron, magnesium, and fiber making it a healthy pantry staple. This super grain is easy to cook with and has a yummy nutty flavor that leaves you feeling satisfied.
Veggie Quinoa Salad [Vegan]
- 1 cup red and white quinoa rinsed well with water
- 2 cups water
- 1 small sweet potato chopped in cubes
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 1/2 capsicum chopped
- 1 stalk of celery chopped
- 3 radishes thinly sliced
- 1 cup parsley chopped
- 1/2 fresh lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup raw almonds chopped
- Pre heat oven to 160°F, chop sweet potato into small cubes and put into a oven dish then drizzle with some coconut oil making sure its covering all the sweet potato. You can add spices to enhance the flavor.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until cooked through. Once this is done, take out of the oven and set a side to cool. Rinse quinoa under water for about a minute using a fine mesh strainer, place quinoa in saucepan and add two cups of water then bring to boil.
- Cook quinoa for 20 minutes, once cooked pour into a mesh strainer, rinse with cold water and let the water drain out.
- Transfer the quinoa into a large salad bowl and add the chopped up vegetables and almonds adding the roast sweet potato last then mix ingredients together. Pour lemon juice over the salad for the dressing.
- Lasts in the fridge for 4-5 days.