Dinner made easy! This Vegan Veggie Rice Bowl with Braised Tofu and Spicy Ginger-Garlic Sauce is the healthy comfort food that you need. It’s sweet, sour and mildly spicy. All flavours and textures are well balanced, making it into an irresistible delicious bowl of food.
Veggie Bowl with Braised Tofu [Vegan]
Spicy Ginger Garlic Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons (28 g)– org coconut aminos (or tamari)
- 2 tablespoons (28 g)– org coconut water
- 1 teaspoon (1.76 g) – org freshly grated ginger (or org ground ginger)
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) - lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
Veggie Bowl Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups (360 g) – org low sodium veggie broth
- 1 cup (185 g) – org rice (gluten-free)
- 1 cup (50 g) – fresh chopped org cilantro
- 2 small (or 1 medium) – purple cabbage
- 1 lb ( 453 g) – raw brussel sprouts
- 1 - hot chilli pepper
- 1 pack (8 oz/ 227 g) – org non-gmo braised tofu (vegan, gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) – avocado oil 2 tsp (11 g) – kosher or himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.3 g) – org curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.3 g) – org sweet smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.3 g) – org turmeric powder
For the Spicy Ginger-Garlic Sauce Prep:
- Add ALL ingredients to your blender cup: - coconut aminos (or tamari sauce) - coconut water - freshly grated ginger (or ground ginger) - lemon juice - peeled garlic cloves
- Power blend for 1-2 minutes until the sauce reaches a creamy consistency.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
For the Rice and Veggies Prep:
- Clean rice previously to adding to boil – add to a fine-mesh strainer, and rinse well under cool running water.
- Add the veggie stock to a medium sized pot, and bring to a medium boil.
- Add 1 tsp of salt and the clean rice.
- Cover and let simmer the rice until the veggie stock is absorbed, for 15-16 min.
- Remove from heat and leave the rice under steam until ready to serve. *During the rice prep work on broiling the veggies – preheat the oven on broil, and prepare a large rimmed flat baking tray
- Clean, thinly slice the purple cabbage and add to a clean bowl. (Using a mandoline to achieve the julienne or thin slices preferred and time-efficient.)