These vegetable rolls with roasted pumpkin and red curry dip are nice and easy to make. You can also vary endlessly with the fillings depending on what is in season.
Vegetable Rolls with Roasted Pumpkin and Red Curry Dipping Sauce [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons almond paste
- 3 to 4 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 12 sheets of rice paper
- 1 small butternut pumpkin
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 4 handfuls of leaf green: kale, endive, watercress, lamb's lettuce, purslane
- 2 handfuls of fresh herbs: mint, parsley, basil, coriander, spring onion
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate (optional)
• This red curry dip sauce stays fresh in the refrigerator for at least 1 week. • Serve as fresh as possible. Do not put them in the refrigerator because then the rice paper will harden again. Place them between a clean damp towel in a cool dark place if you want to make them an hour in advance. • Not such a fan of rice paper? You can also replace it with corn tortillas, hot soaps, nori-seaweed, cabbage leaves ... • These wraps are also tasty with amaranth or chickpeas instead of quinoa.