Vegan vegetable rolls are a treat especially for breakfast or dinner! Beautifully spicy, made from simple ingredients and perfect for those who want more than just "normal" bread rolls.
Vegetable Buns [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Vegetable Buns [Vegan]
For the dough:
- 2 1/4 pounds wheat flour
- 1 yeast cube
- 2 cups lukewarm plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup of olive oil
For the Filling:
- 5 tablespoons olives pitted and halved
- 5 tablespoons of dried tomatoes, softly cut into fine strips
- 5 tablespoons corn
- 1 red pepper, diced red
- 1 bunch of parsley washed and dried, finely chopped
- 2 hands full of walnuts crushed
- Pizza spice mix to taste
For the Topping:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 tablespoons plant-based milk
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Sesame seeds
How To Make Vegetable Buns [Vegan]
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Mix the yeast cube with a little lukewarm plant-based milk, stand briefly and let it dissolve. Put the yeast, sugar and salt in the bowl. Gradually add the remaining plant drink and knead well into a uniform dough. Then cover the dough and leave in a warm place for about 30 to 45 minutes until the volume has doubled.
- Mix all ingredients for the filling in a bowl. Evenly incorporate the vegetable mix into the dough by kneading everything well.
- Form 20 rolls from the dough, spread them on two separate baking sheets with baking paper and let them rest for another 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the oil, the plant-based milk and turmeric well. Brush the rolls and top with sesame seeds and black cumin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175°F top and bottom heat on a medium rack for about 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile