If you bake much but are in the mood to, these brownies are the answer! They're fudgy and awesome, and you can either share them with friends and family or enjoy them throughout the week.
Vegan Fudge Brownies [Vegan]
- 100g vegan fudge – chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups dark vegan chocolate
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 6 tablespoons water
- Mix the ground flaxseed with the water and set aside for around ten minutes, until it becomes gel-like.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 / 350°F and line an 8-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop all of the chocolate into small pieces and set half aside ready for it to be melted.
- Melt the vegan butter in a pan.
- Melt the chocolate in a bainmarie (or in the microwave).
- In a mixing bowl, mix the melted butter with the coconut sugar – it should turn into a paste-like mixture.
- Sift in the the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, then fold the mixture in until it's all combined. Don't over mix.
- Stir in the rest of the chocolate pieces.
- Pour the mixture into the baking sheet, and place half of the fudge on top of the batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let the vegan brownies cool for about twenty minutes, then place the rest of the vegan fudge on top of the brownies, and push them into any crack that may've formed.
- Slice into 9 squares and enjoy!