Looking for a quick, but healthy mid-week meal? Look no further. This humble bowl of Vegan "egg" fried rice, is the perfect weekday meal. Why? Well, it's super easy to make, packed with protein, and extremely flavorful.
Vegan “Egg” Fried Rice [Vegan]
For the Fried Rice:
- 3 tablespoons minced pimentos (or finely diced)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 Blocks of extra firm silken tofu, drained and mashed
- 2 cups peas and carrots (frozen works well)
- 1/4- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 cups cooked rice (basmati rice works well)
For the Sesame Soy Sauce:
- 5- 6 pimentos, finely chopped
- 4- 5 garlic cloves, minced or finely diced
- 2 inches ginger root, grated
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (unseasoned and unflavored)
- 1/4 cup agave
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (unseasoned)
- 1 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup shadon beni, finely chopped (or substitute for fresh chive or cilantro)
- Add all of the sauce ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir or whisk until well combined.
- Heat a pan or wok on medium heat, coat with sesame oil, heat, then toss in pimentos.
- Saute for a minute until fragrant, add mashed tofu, and cook for approximately 5 minutes, while stirring in-between.
- Add peas and carrots, cook for another 2 minutes, then add your cooked rice. Stir to combine.
- Add your seasoned Sesame soy sauce and Turmeric, mix until rice is properly coated, allow to cook for another 2 to 5 minutes, stirring in-between. Season with salt. Remove from heat and serve.
- Serve with a garnish of fresh chive, peppers, or siracha.