Super easy five ingredient Vegan Chocolate Salted Caramels! These caramels are made with whole, plant-based ingredients and supercharged with Maca. They are a great last-minute treat to beat any chocolate lovers cravings, share with others or impress dinner guests!
Vegan Chocolate Salted Caramels [Vegan]
- 12-14 medjool dates
- 1/2 cup raw tahini
- 1 tablespoon organic maca powder
- 1 pinch Himalayan sea-salt
- 1 bar Dark Organic Chocolate
- Add dates, tahini, maca and sea-salt to a food processor and blend until well combined (should start to form a ball in the food processor).
- Place the "caramel" on a piece of parchment paper and cover with another piece. Using a rolling pin start to flatten to a square/rectangle shape about 1/2" thick. Place in the freezer for at least 20 minutes or until firm enough to cut.
- Once the caramel is ready - leave it in the freezer and start melting the chocolate to cover.
- Melt the chocolate by using a double boiler or a pot filled with water and a heat safe bowl or other pot on top. Break the chocolate bar into pieces in the top section and turn the burner on and start to boil the water. Stirring occasionally to prevent the chocolate from overcooking. Once the water has boiled and all the chocolate is melted turn the burner off or on low.
- Next, you will remove the caramel from the freezer and place it on a cutting board. Cut it into square or rectangle pieces (the average size of a piece of chocolate).
- Take a piece of the caramel and dip it in the melted chocolate using a spoon. Be sure to cover the whole piece. Place the chocolate covered caramel on to a parchment covered plate. Sprinkle with Himalayan sea-salt (before the chocolate hardens). Continue with other pieces then place the plate in the freezer.
- Once all the chocolates have hardened (at least 30 min freeze time) place them in a glass airtight container and store in the freezer. The caramel in these chocolates does not freeze completely solid so you can eat them straight from the freezer. Or, for a softer treat remove 5-10 minutes before serving.