Sesame seeds are a big part in all the auspicious occasions, rituals, marriage ceremonies in India as they hold religious and mythological importance. Per Ayurveda, sesame seeds contain four of the six rasas (tastes): sweet, bitter, astringent and pungent. The biggest reward you get by including sesame seeds in your diet, it balances and pacifies your vata dosha. Eating raw sesame seeds increases pitta and kapha doshas, but if we dry roast the sesame seeds on a low flame it balances all three doshas!
Vedic Sesame Ladoos [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Vedic Sesame Ladoos [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups dry roasted Sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup soaked Chia seeds
- 1/4 cup soaked Pumpkin seeds
- 1/8 cup soaked Walnuts
- Approximately 5- 6 Medjool Dates
- 1/2 handful Raisins
- 1/2 cup shredded Coconut Flakes
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg and Cinnamon pwd
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
How to Prepare Vedic Sesame Ladoos [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Take the soaked chia seeds, dates, and raisins and blend them in a blender to a fine paste consistency.
- Add this paste to all the other ingredients in a bowl and form into balls or ladoos.
- Refrigerate them for about 2-4 hours and they are ready to dig! ENJOY!!
To keep my pitta in balance have roasted the sesame seeds in this recipe. You could use them raw (preferably soaked) when you make them.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.