This shake/smoothie is nut-free, gluten-free, soy-free and low in fat but still high in protein and fiber. I only recently started using buckwheat in smoothies, and I was amazed at how it makes them so creamy and filling. The frozen pear, vanilla, and spices all compliment the Vanilla Lucuma protein quite nicely.
Vanilla Lucuma Buckwheat Shake [Vegan]
- 1 1/4 cup cold, filtered water
- 1/4 cup buckwheat, pre-soaked and drained
- 1 pitted date, soaked and drained
- Splash of vanilla and/or almond extract
- 1 frozen, sliced pear
- 1/2 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 pack/serving vanilla lucuma powder
- Pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg
- Place all ingredients into a blender and mix until you get a smooth and creamy consistency. Add additional sweetener or ice if needed.