This shake/smoothie is nut-free, gluten-free, soy-free and low in fat but still high in protein and fiber. I only recently started using buckwheat in smoothies, and I was amazed at how it makes them so creamy and filling. The frozen pear, vanilla, and spices all compliment the Vanilla Lucuma protein quite nicely.
Vanilla Lucuma Buckwheat Shake [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Vanilla Lucuma Buckwheat Shake [Vegan]
- 1 1/4 cup cold, filtered water
- 1/4 cup buckwheat, pre-soaked and drained
- 1 pitted date, soaked and drained
- Splash of vanilla and/or almond extract
- 1 frozen, sliced pear
- 1/2 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 pack/serving vanilla lucuma powder
- Pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg
How to Prepare Vanilla Lucuma Buckwheat Shake [Vegan]
- Place all ingredients into a blender and mix until you get a smooth and creamy consistency. Add additional sweetener or ice if needed.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.