Cheesecake is one of the most decadent inventions in the history of humans but it can be hard to find an edible one for a plant-based eater with a nut allergy ... until now. This delectable cheesecake has a light buckwheat crust that is topped with a velvety, vanilla tofu cheesecake that is garnished with fresh blueberries and a lime zest to tie the whole dish together.
Vanilla Lime Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Vanilla Lime Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup buckwheat
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoons almond butter
For the Cheesecake:
- 21.2 ounces silken tofu
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1, lime, zested
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
How to Prepare Vanilla Lime Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Blend together base ingredients using a food processor or high-speed blender, scoop them out, place in a loose base tart tin, and push the mixture down with your fingers until it is spread evenly down the bottom and sides.
- Place it in freezer while you make the filling.
- For the filling, blend all ingredients until they’re smooth and pour them into the base.
- Place this in the refrigerator overnight to set for the best results.
Once it's set, top it with lime zest and blueberries or berry chia seed jam. Be careful when serving it as the cake is very delicate and it may be best to leave the bottom of the cake tin on! it's also best served straight out of the refrigerator so it's nice and firm. It stores up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.