Nothing screams summertime more than homemade ice cream cookie sandwiches! The ultimate treat to have in your freezer and a real treat to enjoy in the sunshine. Homemade vanilla ice cream is smushed inbetween the most delicious gluten free, choc chip cookies. If you don't have an ice cream maker, just check your local supermarket for your fave dairy free vanilla ice cream. You could also sub with nice cream (blended frozen bananas) if you want to make them healthier!
Vanilla Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup brown suagr
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk
- 1 tablespoon aquafaba or 1 chia egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup choc chips (optional)
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup agave or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chill ice cream bowl in the freezer overnight so it's ready to use. Add coconut milk, light brown sugar, agave, sea salt and vanilla to a blender and process on high until combined. Pour into ice cream maker and churn for 30 mins, until it resembles soft serve. Set aside in the freezer to firm up, at least 6 hours.
- Prepare cookies by adding brown sugar, caster sugar, melted coconut oil, salt and vanilla to a bowl and whisking until smooth and combined. Stir through the dairy free milk and aquafaba or chia egg. Add in baking soda, baking powder, oat flour and gluten free flour and stir briefly to combine. Fold through chocolate chips if using and then set dough aside in the fridge to chill for at least 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 360ºF and line two cooking sheets with greaseproof paper/baking mats. Scoop up tbsp of dough and roll into balls. Place on baking tray with at least 3 inches between each to allow for spreading. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, until starting to brown at the edges. Allow to cool fully on baking tray before transferring to cooling rack.
- Stuff cookies with vanilla ice cream and roll in sprinkles if desired. Enjoy immediately, or keep in the freezer for up to a week.