I wanted a nut-free, chocolate-free dessert for a group of people coming to visit. I was attempting to make some raw coconut balls and the recipe flopped; they wouldn’t stick together. I decided to add a few more ingredients and make mixture into a crust. And I thought topping the crust with a vanilla pudding would be great. When the batch of pudding didn’t go high enough in the pan, I thought, why not make a coffee flavored layer. This turned out great and my non-vegan guests wanted seconds!
Vanilla Creme Cappuccino Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
1 9 x 9 cake
Ingredients You Need for Vanilla Creme Cappuccino Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil softened or liquified
- 6 medjool dates
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the Topping:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups plant milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
How to Prepare Vanilla Creme Cappuccino Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Crust:
- In a food processor with “S” blade, combine coconut, maple syrup and coconut oil. Mix until creamy, add the remaining ingredients and mix until everything rolls into a ball and clumps. Spoon mixture into a 9 x 9 cake pan. Press and pack so the bottom is covered evenly. Refrigerate to harden.
To Make the Topping:
- Add all ingredients except coffee in a high speed blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a large pan and heat on medium high, stirring until it thickens to a pudding consistency. Remove from heat.
- Pour 1/2 the mixture on top of the crust and refrigerate for 20 – 30 minutes until set. Add coffee to the remaining mixture and stir, keeping mixture warm on low heat to mix thoroughly. Pour the remaining mixture on top of the cooled dessert and refrigerate. Pudding will set in about an hour. The second layer may slide off, so place each piece gently on the plate.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 2429 | Total Carbs: 398 g | Total Fat: 97 g | Total Protein: 17 g | Total Sodium: 144 g | Total Sugar: 285 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.