Chia pudding is an incredibly easy breakfast to prepare overnight. Creamy and nutritious, the vanilla beans give it that perfect touch of decadence. Chia seeds are a great source of essential fatty acids!
Vanilla Bean Chia Pudding [Vegan]
For the Chia Pudding:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds or 3 tablespoons
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Toppings:
- 1 grapefruit
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- Whisk together all ingredients for the chia pudding in a bowl.
- Split the vanilla bean down its length using a knife. Scrape out the seeds and add to the pudding.
- Whisk for a couple of minutes until the chia seeds start to form a gel like consistency. The more you whisk the more your seed will get evenly spread out and you'll avoid getting lumps in your pudding.
- When you see that the pudding starts to thicken and the seeds are evenly spread out, move the bowl to the fridge to set for about 30 minutes.
- Cut out wedges from the grapefruit.
- Chop some pistachios and serve on top of your chia puddings.