Chia pudding is an incredibly easy breakfast to prepare overnight. Creamy and nutritious, the vanilla beans give it that perfect touch of decadence. Chia seeds are a great source of essential fatty acids!
Vanilla Bean Chia Pudding [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Vanilla Bean Chia Pudding [Vegan]
For the Chia Pudding:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds or 3 tablespoons
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Toppings:
- 1 grapefruit
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
How to Prepare Vanilla Bean Chia Pudding [Vegan]
- Whisk together all ingredients for the chia pudding in a bowl.
- Split the vanilla bean down its length using a knife. Scrape out the seeds and add to the pudding.
- Whisk for a couple of minutes until the chia seeds start to form a gel like consistency. The more you whisk the more your seed will get evenly spread out and you'll avoid getting lumps in your pudding.
- When you see that the pudding starts to thicken and the seeds are evenly spread out, move the bowl to the fridge to set for about 30 minutes.
- Cut out wedges from the grapefruit.
- Chop some pistachios and serve on top of your chia puddings.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 302 | Total Carbs: 18g | Total Fat: 17g | Total Protein: 8g | Total Sodium: 133mg | Total Sugar: 14gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.