The concept of making raw ice cream alternatives is nothing new to the vegan culinary world. After all, who hasn't quickly whipped up a batch of banana "nice" cream? This recipe uses avocado to give the dessert the optimum level of creamy lusciousness. The preparation of this dessert takes 5 minutes, including washing the blender.
Vanilla Avocado Ice Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 ripe medium-sized banana (preferably previously frozen)
- 1 1/4 cup of non-dairy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder (or pulp of 1/2 vanilla bean)
- 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- Mix all components together in a blender.
- Put the ice cream mixture in a freezer-safe container and freeze for 1-2 hours.