Something for a rainy day – a filling and hearty soup!
Tuscan Ribollita [Vegan]
- 1 leek or medium onion, chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 1 tin of plum tomatoes
- 1 tin of cannellini or borlotti beans
- handfull of kale, washed and chopped
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- 1.5 Tbsp. mixed herbs
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast, plus more to serve
- 4 ciabattas or 1 large loaf, torn into pieces
- In a pot, warm a glug of olive oil over a medium heat and add in the onion/leek, celery, garlic and carrot. Cook for 6-7 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add in the bay leaf, herbs, tinned tomato, stock and potato. Bring the soup to the boil, then lower to a simmer and cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Add in the beans, kale and nutritional yeast and continue to cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or so, until the potato and carrots are fork-tender.
- Serve the soup into bowls and stir through torn-off chunks of the ciabatta. Sprinkle with a little extra nutritional yeast and serve.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile