A warm and flavourful roasted cauliflower, chickpea, and quinoa mix with zesty turmeric dressing. Cauliflower and chickpea make a hearty and healthy pair and the added quinoa makes it a complete meal. Turmeric and the citrus flavors in the vinaigrette brighten the salad, making for a truly delightful combination.
Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower With Chickpeas [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Quinoa:
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (omit or use less if using broth with sodium)
For the Dressing:
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
For the Cauliflower and Chickpeas:
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2-3 cups cooked chickpeas (about two 15-ounce cans of chickpeas)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2-1 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt, to taste
To Make the Quinoa:
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly, drain and add to a saucepan, add broth (or water) and salt.
- Cover, bring to a boil on medium heat, then lower heat, and let it simmer until cooked and tender, and all the liquid is absorbed, fluff with a fork when done and set aside.
- Alternatively, you can cook quinoa in a rice cooker by adding rinsed quinoa, broth (or water), and salt to rice cooker, stir and set to cook per the machine’s instructions. Fluff with a fork when machine shuts off.
To Make the Dressing:
- In a small bowl, whisk maple syrup, orange juice, lemon juice together.
- Drizzle in olive oil and whisk to emulsify.
- Stir in garlic, turmeric, pepper flakes, and salt.
To Make the Cauliflower and Chickpeas:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F, and line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and oil lightly.
- Combine cauliflower and chickpeas in a large bowl.
- Whisk olive oil, garlic powder, cumin, turmeric, cayenne, and salt together in a small bowl.
- Pour mixture over cauliflower and chickpea and toss together to coat completely.
- Place cauliflower and chickpeas in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Roast in oven for 30-35 minutes until cauliflower is tender and browned.
- Serve warm with quinoa and a generous pour of dressing.