Turmeric is a match made in heaven with mango and creamy oats! If this looks delicious to you and you need a bit of sunshine on your breakfast plate, try this and hopefully you'll love it just as much as we do.
Turmeric, Mango and Chia Oats [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Turmeric, Mango and Chia Oats [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup black chia seeds
- 1/2 cup water/milk of choice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, ground
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 fresh mango
- 3 tablespoons tahini (hulled)
How to Prepare Turmeric, Mango and Chia Oats [Vegan]
- Soak chia seeds in 1/2 cup water/milk of choice and oats in 1 1/2 cup filtered water overnight.
- Place soaked oats into a pot and heat for 5 minutes. Add turmeric, vanilla, black pepper and mango and cook for another 5 minutes until creamy. Add tahini just before serving.
- Spoon chia mixture into the bottom of a jar or bowl. Then add slightly cooled oats and top with fresh seasonal fruit (I used mango and young berries) and drizzle with black/white tahini.
If possible, try and get organic, unstablised rolled oats as they aren't treated with steam which means they retain their high vitamin content, nutritional value and freshness. As they are slightly acidic to the stomach, soak them with a spritzer of lemon juice and a cup of water overnight.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.