This colorful soup is perfect for a cozy night in after a long day at work or if you're feeling a little under the weather and need a boost. Carrots, potatoes, and vegan gnocchi are cooked in a turmeric-infused vegetable broth. Serve with bread on the side and enjoy.
Turmeric Gnocchi Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups yellow potatoes
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 4 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cups cashew milk
- 1 package of vegan gnocchi or make your own
- Parsley and red pepper flakes, for topping (optional)
- Whisk together water and bouillon cubes in a large pot. Toss in the carrots and potatoes and bring the water to a boil on high until soft (roughly 20-25 minutes).
- Allow the potatoes and carrots to cool for 10 minutes before tossing them into the blender along with the water you used to boil them in. Add in seasoning, nutritional yeast, and cashew milk. Blend on high until smooth.
- Transfer the soup back into the pot and bring it to a boil. Add in the gnocchi and allow it to cook for 3-5 minutes or until soft and cooked all the way through.
- Remove from the heat and serve warm.