Tunisian Carrot Salad is a break from plain old carrots. It’s delicious hot or cold. Enjoy on its own or as a side to your favorite meal!
Tunisian Carrot Salad [Vegan]
- 2 cups carrots peeled and cut on the bias (about a pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar (white balsamic will work, too)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven, cook the carrots in salted water until crisp/tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet (or the same dutch oven used to cook the carrots), heat the oil and spices over medium high heat.
- Add the cooked carrots, water and vinegar.
- Simmer until the liquid is absorbed.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with the cilantro.
- You can serve them right away, or allow them to cool before serving.
- If stored in the fridge, give them another stir before serving and add a little olive oil and/or vinegar to perk the carrots up if needed.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile