This recipe doesn’t require hours of cooking or hourly cleaning sessions afterward. It’s easy and super filling. I can assure you that you won’t go hungry to bed.
Travel-Friendly Lentil Dhal [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1 1/2 cup yellow lentils
- 8 cups water
- 2 medium-size onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 celery stalks, chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1/5 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large casserole, add onion, garlic, and celery. Sauté in water for 3-5 minutes. Every time the water evaporates, add ¼ cup water, in that way you'll make sure that the onions won't stick to the casserole.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Let boil for 5 to 7 minutes, make sure to stir frequently.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, until lentils perform tender.
- Serve warm.