These tortilla roll-ups make a great snack during the day!
Tortilla Roll Ups [Vegan]
yields about 20 bite-sized roll-ups
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese, softened (see description)
- 8 ounces vegan sour cream
- 6-8 ounces vegan cheddar, pepper jack, or Colby jack shreds
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced
- 1/3 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4-5 large (burrito-size) tortillas
- To soften the cream cheese, rest on counter for a few hours or put in microwave for about 30 seconds. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and spread evenly on tortillas. Roll up each tortilla tightly and then place in a large, lidded dish (or on a plate, then wrap with foil).
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours (or overnight). Remove from fridge and, using a very sharp, non-serrated knife, slice each tortilla into about 5 bite-sized pieces (not counting the end pieces, which you can snarf while no one’s looking).
- You can make this oil-free by using oil-free tortillas and filling with refried beans, hummus, or cashew spread (recipe available in our cookbook!) instead of vegan dairy. - Other great fillings include beans, tomatoes, corn, cilantro, jalapeño, and soy chorizo.