Easy light vegan & paleo tomato zoodles soup that is perfect for your gut health. This bowl of zoodles soup is a fantastic comfort food when you feel a little bit under the weather.
Tomato Zoodles Soup [Vegan, Paleo]
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut butter or olive oil
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 3 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 14 ounces organic crushed tomatoes (The tin works fine (without additives). For fresh tomatoes, peel them in hot water and dice)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium zucchini
- your favorite seeds (such as flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds)
- Heat the coconut butter in a pot. Add diced onions and cook for about one minute. Add garlic and mix well.
- Add the broth and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and lower the heat.
- While it’s cooking, spiralize the zucchini (if you don’t have spiralizer, then use your vegetable peeler and make ribbons out of zucchini).
- Add spiralized zoodles into the soup (you might need to cut the zoodles shorter when they are too long). Cook for another minute then turn off heat.
- Serve the soup with some seeds. Enjoy!