Is there anything better than tomatoes with a perfectly flavored dressing? Fresh, sweet and savory at the same time, this is perfect as a side or appetizer, on it's own, on sandwiches!
Tomato Salad With Tahini Dressing [Vegan]
1/2 cup dressing
- An assortment of ripe tomatoes, as many as you like
- A drizzle of good quality extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley or basil
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of good quality sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- Slice the tomatoes and arrange on a platter.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle very lightly with sea salt, fresh pepper, parsley or basil.
- To make the dressing: place all the ingredients in a high speed blender and blitz until smooth. Start with 1 tablespoon water and increase to 3 if needed.
- Drizzle over the tomatoes and serve.
- Dressing will keep in the fridge up to 4 days.
Use this dressing as a dip for raw veggies or poured over almost any cooked veggie, spread on toast (really!), over falafels (amazing!) or drizzled over anything you like. All around a very versatile and delightful dressing!