This Tomato Rice recipe is so easy to make and full of flavor! It's a great dish to meal prep because you can also top it with your favorite veggies or eat it on its own.
Tomato Rice [Vegan]
- 10.5 ounces Carolina rice
- 35 ounces ripe tomatoes, ground
- 13.5 hot water
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- basil leaves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat the 4 tablespoons olive oil and sauté for 1 minute the garlic with the onion.
- Add the rice and sauté for another two minutes.
- Then, add the basil, sugar, and tomato and as soon as it starts to boil, lower the heat.
- Stir regularly with a wooden spoon so that it does not stick. After 10 minutes add the water in two portions.
- At the end, add salt and pepper and add the rest of the oil.
- Remove from the heat when the rice has softened and has absorbed the liquids.
- Allow to cool a bit and serve with freshly ground pepper.